Old Cloverdale is as much a state-of-mind as it is a physical place. It is huge magnolias, the scent of jasmine, and tea olive on spring evenings on porches. It’s the thirty-somethings meeting the seventy-somethings on the brick-paved streets circling Cloverdale Park.
F. Scott & Zelda Fitzgerald lived here during the Jazz Age. In 2003, Tim Burton filmed “Big Fish” here. Jessica Lange, Danny DeVito, Steve Buscemi, Ewan McGregor, Albert Finney, and Billy Crudup called Old Cloverdale home.
Cloverdale is Mayberry and Atlanta: it’s nightlife and quiet-life. Nestled in the very center of Montgomery, Alabama, Old Cloverdale is an Historic district protected by regulations designed to preserve the integrity of its architecture and its lifestyle.
The Association’s primary function is to preserve the character of the district and to foster the continuing sense of an old time neighborhood. Cloverdale features two vibrant entertainment and shopping districts with numerous restaurants and shops that include art galleries and an independent arts cinema.
Come visit us, take your time. If you settle here, join the association.
- Acts as a community forum of ideas and information with representatives and officers to serve the neighborhood
- Promotes awareness and security
- Initiates public works projects such as the pursuit of a Historic Designation for the neighborhood
- Acts as a unified voice in the zoning hearings to prevent improper development
- Provides community information and news via website and a quarterly newsletter
- Provides social events including an annual Tour of Homes and Gardens as well as an annual Christmas Tree Lighting
Join or renew your membership